Sunday, September 07, 2008

Ready for a Healthy School Year?


School has started and the kids have mixed feelings about going back to school. I can tell you honestly that I had no mixed feelings...they were ready to return to a school schedule & I was ready to let them go! Ha!

However, after sleeping late all summer, eating lots of fresh fruits and getting plenty of sunshine, my kids stayed healthy all summer. Now that they are back in school it only took one week for Tania to get a cold. Her middle school is freezing inside...and I truly think it is suffering from 'sick building syndrome' as Tania gets frequent headaches when in that building. Otherwise, she rarely gets them. Especially with middle school kids and older, it seems they still don't get to bed early enough and have to be out at the bus stop by 7 am. Then they don't eat much that is healthy all day...except for maybe at supper, if you are lucky.

I am very glad I found out about Juice Plus. It is a whole food supplement, in capsule or gummy form, that contains 17 fruits and veggies. So, even if my kids are trying to eat healthy....the recommended amounts of fruits & veggies is 7 servings per day. That is a lot of most people to try to eat.

So the Juice Plus is a nice supplement to add to our diet. It helps keep everyone regular also...a definite plus! I sent Kellen (our 18 yr. old) off to college with Juice Plus in the hopes he'll add it to his diet while away from home. It sounds like he remembers it most of the time.

I am preparing for my first Wellness Presentation in my home on Wed., Sept. 10th to show people the importance of adding fruits & veggies to your diet. Should be interesting.

Check it out.... Juice Plus Info
Have a Healthy Day!
Debbie Mumm, The Allergy Queen.... www.info4juiceplus.com

No comments: