- Eat oatmeal for breakfast. Steel cut is the best, but use old fashioned if you can't deal with the steel cut.
- Eat a handful of almonds every day (a combination of almonds and walnuts also works). Buy them UNSALTED and raw from the baking aisle. 1/4 to 1/3 cup per day is good.
- Eat 1-2 Tbs milled or ground flax seed. This can be added to the oatmeal, to your yogurt, sprinkled on salad, or my favorite is adding to my Juice Plus smoothie!
- Take psyllium husk (most commonly found in Metamucil but can also be found in health food stores in its pure form).
- Eat 1/2 cup legumes every day.
- Eat an apple every day! (yes that old adage about keeping the doctor away works)
- Take plant sterols (2-3 grams a day. These substances are found in many foods now but can be taken as a supplement easily. And of course they are found in high levels in the Juice Plus brand that Healthy Environments promotes.).
- Use soy protein (soy milk, edamame, soy nuts, tofu, etc). I know--there has been some bad press around this issue. That was with very high doses and not using foods. So stick to the foods and not the high doses in supplements.
- Take garlic--and eat it too! Aged garlic extract is a good source. But put real garlic cloves in your food as often as you can.
- EXERCISE--yes, that means move on a regular basis. Even if you focus on walking 30 minutes a day, that is perfect!
To Your Health....