1. Go alcohol free for 2 weeks.
2. First thing in the morning, start each day with a glass of room temperature / warm water with either: a) the juice of half a lemon in it or b) 2 teaspoons of raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar. This is great for boosting liver function. It is very alkalizing!
3. Eat plenty of fresh veggies, especially loads of green ones – a combination raw and lightly cooked is best.
4. Beetroot (roasted, grated into salads, juiced) and beetroot leaves – great for liver support.
5. Good quality meats – organic, grass fed, free range or wild. Beef, chicken, lamb etc. No processed deli meats (high in preservatives, flavors etc.)
6. Wild caught smaller fish (as opposed to contaminated farmed fish. Ask your fish supplier where they get their fish from – Ocean? River? Farm?). Avoid large fish such as tuna, swordfish, ling, marlin as these are startlingly high in mercury.
7. If you’re in a colder climate, now id the perfect time for some warming soups – such as chicken and vegetable. Mmm…
8. In the southern hemisphere, now is the time to get into the very high antioxidant containing, low glycaemic index super fruits of summer: cherries and berries – blue, black, mulberries, raspberries.
9. Drink plenty of clean fresh water – filtered or spring water. 2L per day. Herb teas count. Black, green and white tea don’t count. Herb teas which are particularly detoxifying include: dandelion leaf (for kidney detox) and dandelion root (for liver detox), burdock, calendula, fenugreek.
10. 1 cup of green tea each day
11. Go coffee and dairy free for 1-2 weeks.
12. Go sugar free (use xylitol or stevia instead to sweeten drinks or for cooking). Sugar is our number one ager and cause of all modern degenerative diseases.