Monday, August 24, 2009
From bathroom to kitchen to bedroom, here are some simple steps to rid your home of the stuff that makes you sick.
Whole Home Tips....
1) Adjust the humidity in your home to around 30-40%. You can get a humidity gauge at home-improvement stores.
2) Change your furnace filter every month to help keep the air moving cleanly in your home.
3) Invest in a quality air purfier that will help reduce particulates in the air. http://www.healthy-environments.com/air-purifiers.asp
1) Wash you bedding weekly in hot water...at least 130 degrees. Turn up the water heater for the job and then back down when finished.
2) Mattress and pillow covers will help reduce dust mite waste, which is a major cause of allergies and asthma flare-ups.
Living Room Tips....
1) Vacuum regularly, especially with a model with a Hepa filter or double-layer bag.
2) Keep pets off the furniture as much as possible. Try to wash pets weekly if possible.
1) Scrub the corners of your shower or tub weekly. No need to use bleach or other toxic chemicals. Many environmentally safe cleaners will kill bacteria and viruses.
Check out these at http://www.healthy-environments.com/safe-cleaning-products.asp
2) Easy to clean bathroom floors are the best. Clean mats in hot water weekly and make sure they dry out between uses.
1) Clean and sweep around the stove, refrigerator and toaster, where crumbs tend to gather. Don't leave dishes in the sink. Keep all food sealed tight.
2) Caulk areas where pests can come in walls, windows and floor cracks. Bugs and cockroaches can add to poor air quality.
These are just a few steps towards a healthier environment. To receive a FREE report on the First 7 Steps Towards an Allergy-Free Home at-
Deborah Mumm has been an Indoor Air Specialist since 1996.
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
There are 4 organic food labels you should know when you buy 'organic'.
This the most important label you should see when you get organic foods.
The USDA Organic seal is your best assurance of organic quality, and it's the international gold standard for organic personal care. Where personal care products are concerned, if you don’t see the USDA Certified Organic seal, the word “organic” doesn’t mean a thing. It must specify USDA to be meaningful. The ingredients in USDA certified beauty products are certified organic for food, adhering to much stricter standards as they are intended specifically for human consumption.
Growers and manufacturers of organic products bearing the USDA seal have to meet the strictest standards of any of the currently available organic labels.
There are 3 other organic labels in which it shows the food is at least 95% pure. Be sure and take a look at them here... Organic Labels
So...next time you are at the store to buy Organic Foods, check the labels! Maybe now you know what they mean.
Deborah Mumm, The Allergy Queen
Tuesday, August 04, 2009
We've been drinking clean or purified water for years now. I have always believed that tap water should not be considered 'clean' since there are so many chemicals added to kill the bacteria and contaminants. Chlorine is used to kill the harmful bacteria...and that's good...but I don't want to drink the chlorine! Thank you very much.
A year ago I was introduced to Kangen Water made by Enagic and I suddenly learned I didn't know as much about water as I thought I had. My purified water was clean but wasn't all that healthy for me or my family. It wasn't hydrating my body or flushing toxins from my cells. Kangen Water works at the cellular level and is considered to be the wetter water! Super hydrating. I have more energy now and just feel younger. My aches and pains have gone away, making me feel younger.
So...if you haven't tried Kangen Water, you really should.
If you haven't seen a Kangen Water Demo, you really should.
I will be having an interactive Water Demo at the Aug. 10th QBS meeting in Grayslake, IL (University Center) at 2:00 ...if you live in the area, have a business you'd like to promote to the group...then please join us and you'll get a chance to learn about this amazing water.
If you don't live in the area then please check out this site for more info on how Kangen Water can change your life for the better!
The Wetter Water
Healthy Environments Inc.