Friday, September 12, 2008

If a Hurricane was headed towards your home, what would you do?

Living in the midwest we are used to not always having predictable weather. However, we have never had to face a hurricane here. As Hurricane Ike approaches Texas I can't help but think how it must feel to in the hurricane's path and see this message that the National Weather Service issued yesterday....
"Persons not heeding evacuation orders in single-family one- or two-story homes may face certain death. Many residences of average construction directly on the coast will be destroyed," it said.

That is pretty scary! What would you do? Would you stay in your home and try to ride it out? Or would you take what you could and leave?

I look around my home and know I love the 'stuff' in my home...it is the place our family gathers in. However, I don't think I'd risk my life or my family's lives for 'stuff'. It'd be really hard and I pray I never have to make that choice.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the people effected by Hurricane Ike. I am sure we'll be reading about this for days to come.

I am sure the people there are concerned about their homes surviving the storm, but the rest of us still have to clean, do laundry, etc., in order to keep our homes and family healthy. Have you seen the awesome cleaning products offered by Air Doctors? It is so strong...kills bacteria, viruses, molds and more for up to a week after contact & it is completely non-toxic. They came and cleaned our carpeting...which really needed it. It looks great!

P.S....Until 10/15/08 if you place an order for the cleaning product or the laundry product I will send you a FREE hand sanitizer (valued at 5.95). I love the hand sanitizer since it kills bacteria but does not use alcohol...which can be drying, not to mention, toxic.

Hurry over to Air Doctors to see their great cleaning products.

Let's keep our Texan friends in our thoughts as they handle Hurricane Ike!

Debbie Mumm, The Allergy Queen www.healthy-environments.com/safe-cleaners.asp

No comments: