Thursday, February 19, 2009

HPV Vaccination--Is it safe for your daughter?

Greetings!

I know that some vaccines may be necessary, however, I am not a big fan of having my kids vaccinated for diseases that aren't at big risk for. Let's see--is my 10 yr. old sexually active and taking drugs....or will they be in the next 5 years? Probably and hopefully not! Maybe when they are headed off to college I'll rethink it.

I am fearful of vaccines like the HPV for girls that was rushed onto the market and advertised as a necessary vaccine to prevent cervical cancer. Was it tested long enough? Do all girls really need it?

Here is a little video with Katie Couric reporting on the dangers of this HPV vaccine.
Katie Couric-HPV story

As a parent we have the right to say NO to vaccines. If we don't feel right about it, then do your research. It is your child's health!

Deborah Mumm... Healthy Environments

No comments: