Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Flat Cookies

Hope your Christmas was a good one!
My sisters were both coming to my home over the holidays. Neither one of them can eat wheat. So I purchased a Gluten-free flour mix so I could make them some cookies. I used a Gluten-free cook book which called for 2 types of special flours but since I already had a 'safe' flour mix I just used that. Little did I know that alternative flours are much more sensitive to changes than regular wheat or white flours that I am used to . The cookies just totally spread out all over the pan and became one huge thin cookie. Of course, it then stuck to the pan unmercifully and became a platter full of crumbs in the end. They did taste pretty good when warm but were a disaster to look at.
Well, dear sisters, it was the thought that counted here!
For those of you that cook for food allergies, more power to you!
Happy New Year!
www.healthy-environments.com
Check out my NEW safe cleaners & laundry products!

No comments: